These babies are brilliant!
Kids of the Wild LOVE sandwich wraps and highly recommend them for outdoor foodies everywhere as they’re light to carry when on wild adventures. And they don’t contain plastic (I’m not a plastic fan, as readers will know).
We were given three Eco Snack Wraps back in May, as a gift from a green-minded friend, and despite initial scepticism they’ve been used on every picnic and packed lunch since, plus we’ve bought more for other friends too.
Our wraps are 26cm x 30cm, with a cotton canvas fabric outer in various patterns and a wipe-clean, eco-friendly inner to keep food fresh. You simply fold up the wrap and secure in place with the velcro fasteners. Perfect for sandwiches but also fruit, veg and other foods.
They double as a placemat or plate when eating, fold flat for superb storage before and after use and are easily rinsed for the next day. They also have a label with space for kids to write their name in, a nice addded extra. These wraps are simple but very effective, and come in a range of cute designs too.
- Less bulky and more lightweight than a sandwich box
- Take up less space (so you can take more food)
- Versatile – not just for sandwiches
- Varied designs, important for ownership-conscious kids of the wild!
- Zip up pouches and bags available
- Environmentally friendly and ethical credentials
- Food can get squashed in a backpack
- More expensive than a lunchbox
- Occasionally not dry in 24hrs – we now pop ours in the airing cupboard
There are various brands out there, the eco-ones being slightly more expensive.
We love Eco Snack Wraps because they are a small family company, have an easy to use website, great ethical principals and a variety of products and patterns to choose from.
Eco Snack Wraps use a unique and environmentally friendly coating (a thermoplastic polyurethane) which is free from PVC, phthalate and heavy-metals and naturally decomposes without harm to the environment. It keeps food fresh, is non-toxic, breathable and conforms to FDA standards.
Tell us what you think if you try some from Eco Snack Wraps.