Welcome to another week of Country Kids, the place to link your outdoor family adventures, and read other people’s outdoor inspiration.
We’re maintaining this lovely community of outdoor family bloggers to share activities and inspiration and help get you and the kids outdoors more.
Click the ‘frog’ button at the bottom of the page to add your blog post and find great reads by other bloggers.
This Week at Kids of the Wild
It’s half term up here in the north but I think lots of you are already back at school.
Hopefully you’ve all had great fun over Halloween or Day of the Dead, and if you haven’t been to a Day of the Dead celebration before there are a few happening around the country this weekend – Ayr, Bristol, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Southampton and London amongst others – there’s a list in my Dia de Los Muertos post.
We also had a Mummy bloggers lunch in Newcastle – this is Caroline in the storyteller’s hat. The post will be coming soon.
Why not follow me on Facebook or sign up via email to make sure you don’t miss any good stuff!
About Country Kids
#CountryKids aims to encourage outdoor family fun, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life.
Country Kids is a supportive blogging community to share outdoor posts and discover fresh inspiration for your family’s future outdoor adventures in the wild, whether in your garden or an African savanah.
Guidelines for Joining #CountryKids:
- Link up every Saturday to Thursday, midnight to midnight
- Post must be ‘outdoorsy’ – in the garden, park, woods, beach, country & urban (barns & tents count as outdoors!) with outdoor craft, learning, exploring and playing all welcome
- Please comment on all the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice
- Please use #CountryKids when commenting
- Please add the badge so others know where to link up
- Posts must be made live within the last 2 months. Catch-up posts about old adventures are fine but the publish date should be within 2 months
- If you have more than 3 posts please consider linking over a few weeks.
Grab The Badge
Highlight and copy the html code and drop it into your blog. If you have any problems give one of us a yell.
Top Commenters & Favourite Posts
My favourite post was Mummy from the Heart‘s post about a lovely autumnal nature walk on the doorstep.
Louise chose Fun as a Gran’s post sharing some simple outdoor fun with six cousins enjoying being together.
Helena’s favourite was Typical Mummy’s visit to an eco-friendly theme park.
Top commenters this week are: –
- Fiona from Coombe Mill, Elaine from Fun as a Gran and Mary from Over 40 and a Mum to One with 8 comments.
- Malin from Sensational Learning with Penguin and Michelle from Mummy from the Heart with 7 comments
Link Your Post to #CountryKids
Can’t wait to read all about your outdoor fun this week!
Join Us on Instagram
Check out these fab Hallowe’en pics over on Instagram. Use the hashtag #countrykidsfun to link up your photos. See you over there.
View this post on Instagram
#countrykidsfun featured images week 109 with thanks to @creekside_craziness @devonmamaonline @newmummyblog and @mrs_hs_fav_things Thank you for all the lovely tags this week. We have now passed 11,700 in the collection. That's a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures with @littleheartsbiglove @kidsofthewild_ and Queen of Collage. Have a lovely weekend. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #autumn #happiness #countryside #outdoorclassroom #countryliving #woodland #adventureisouthere #autunncolours #cutekids #sunlight #happytimes #explorerkids #adventurecalling #adventureisouthere #adventuretime
Wild wishes for an outdoor weekend and fun on Bonfire Night x