Welcome to February’s second Country Kids, where you can find out what we’ve been up to at Kids of the Wild this week as well as joining in the outdoor linky co-hosted by Louise from Little Hearts Big Love, Helena from Queen of Collage and me here at Kids of the Wild.
NOTE FOR REGULAR READERS – #CountryKids is a bloggers community post, aimed mainly at fellow outdoor bloggers. A linky is where bloggers can promote their work – a collection of different bloggers’ writing in one place.
Outdoor family bloggers please click HERE or on ‘Inlinkz Link Party’ further down the page (see guidelines below) to add your blog post and find great reads by other bloggers.
At Kids of the Wild This Week
Not a very productive few days here due to a multi-day migraine so other than the fabulous children’s cancer charity walk launch we attended on Monday morning, we’ve done a couple of dog walks and that’s it. Good weather for hibernating, so we haven’t minded too much.
Spring is making her presence felt though, there are snowdrops everywhere. You can still read about the lovely Imbolc art and nature crafts we did the year Caroline’s cancer was diagnosed.
About #Country Kids
Country Kids is a supportive blogging community, set up by Coombe Mill’s Fiona, to share outdoor posts and discover fresh inspiration for your family’s future outdoor adventures in the wild, whether in your garden or an African savannah.
Guidelines for Joining #CountryKids
Here’s a reminder of the rules:-
- Link up every Saturday to Thursday, midnight to midnight
- Post must be ‘outdoorsy’ – in the garden, park, woods, beach, country & urban (barns & tents count as outdoors!) with outdoor craft, learning, exploring and playing all welcome
- Please comment on all the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice
- Please use #CountryKids when commenting
- Please add the badge so others know where to link up
- Posts must be made live within the last 2 months. Catch-up posts about old adventures are fine but the publish date should be within 2 months
- If you have more than 3 posts please consider linking over a few weeks.
Grab The Badge
Highlight and copy the html code and drop it into your blog. If you have any problems give one of us a yell.
Top Commenters & Favourite Posts
Thanks to all the lovely bloggers who join in and share their writing with us. There’s some great talent out there!
Favourite posts this week:
- I thought it was nice to see Typical Mummy writing about the Big Garden Birdwatch
Louise’s was Over 40 and a Mum to One’s post about their walk at Caen Hill Locks
Top commenters this week are: –
- Fiona from Coombe Mill, Annette from Four Acorns and Mrs J from Typical Mummy with 6 comments each.
Link Your Post to #CountryKids
Click Inlinkz Link Party to join in and share posts.
Here are this weeks pics over on Instagram; kids enjoying some happy moments. Join us over there with the hashtag #countrykidsfun to link up your photos.
View this post on Instagram
#countrykidsfun featured images week 123 with thanks to @dirt_diggers_and_dinosaurs @littleheartsbiglove @chelseamamma and @dear_mummy . Thank you for all the lovely tags. We have now passed 12,600 in the collection. That's a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures with @littleheartsbiglove @kidsofthewild_ and Queen of Collage. Have a lovely weekend, though I think we are all going to be snow free unlike last week. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #winter #happiness #countryside #outdoorclassroom #countryliving #woodland #adventureisouthere #wintercolours #cutekids #sunlight #happytimes #explorerkids #adventurecalling #adventureisouthere #adventuretime #snow #igloo #snowmuchfun #snowman #snowscene #snowday
Why not follow me on Facebook or sign up via email to make sure you don’t miss any good stuff!
WILD WISHES on your outdoor adventures this snowy weekend!