Visit a working farm for free in June!
Around Sunday 9th June each year Open Farm Sunday means hundreds of UK farms open their gates to the public free of charge, giving all of us a chance to discover real farming at first hand.
It’s a great opportunity to take the kids to see real farming in action, meet the people who work on the land, see animals and farm machinery and gain an understanding of the role of farming in our lives.
Plan a Visit
Click the links below to find an open farm near you.
Reasons to Visit a Working Farm?
- Find out what it means to be a farmer
- Learn the story of food and food production
- Find out about countryside management
- Discover how farming affects our lives
- Find out what really happens on a farm
- Experience machinery displays, tractor and trailer rides, demonstrations, nature walks and more, dependent on what your local farm has to offer.
Open Farm Sunday is managed by Linking Environment and Farming (LEAF). Over 1000 farms have opened to the public since 2006.
For more information and to find an open farm near you visit the Open Farm Sunday website.
For more outdoor inspiration take a browse through Kids of the Wild’s outdoor activity pages.
Wild wishes on your free farm visits – tell us what you learnt.